Agencies Who No Longer Accept Printed Promos

Agencies Who No Longer Accept Printed Promos

(Reblogged from A Photo Editor)
A reader sent me the following question:
I wrote to you a while back regarding some agencies who no longer accept printed promotions from photographers. I just came across another agency who has started that policy. It’s really silly when you consider an ad agency not accepting advertising.
I reached out to Anne Maureen McKeating a Toronto-based freelance Project Manager, Art Producer and Consultant, because she worked at an agency that started such a policy. Here’s her answer:
In the spirit of “going green”, a well-meaning senior creative team at my former agency decided that we would no longer be accepting photographers’ promos. It would be a-ok if a promo came directly to me, (the art producer), but any photographer who sent multiple copies addressed to others, would be asked to come to the agency and pick them up.
So what was this new policy really about? In my opinion, it was less about “going green” and more about managing the daily onslaught of sameness.
...

Comments