Seattle Central Community College, A Great Place to Be for a Budding Photographer










Yesterday I had the privledge of reviewing portfolios at The Seattle Central Community College. I am a self proclaimed school snob, or at least I have been in my past. That is until I started visiting SCCC photography school. This is a state-of-the-art program that can rival any fancy schmancy school in the country. People...this school ROCKS! I met with several budding artists, and when I say artists I mean it. These are people with a strong point of view and serious talent. I was impressed. Can you tell? Anyway, I got most excited about three students, Laurie Clark, Sunny Facer and Fabio Governato (Fabio also happens to have a PHD in astrophysics, he's no slouch). All of them have amazing original work. It is so exciting to see people passionate about photography and technology. I hope there are jobs and assignments for these artists when they graduate. If you want to check out the work from all the students at Seattle Central they are having a portfolio show June 16th and 17th. Here's a little snippet from a press release...


The graduating class of Seattle Central's Graphic Design, Photography and Publishing Arts programs are hosting Mastering the Wilderness, the Seattle Creative Academy 2010 Portfolio Show on the fifth floor of the main campus, Weds., June 16 from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. (opening reception) and Thurs., June 17 at 11 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Entitled Mastering the Wilderness, the 47 graduating students will be preparing to join the wilderness of the workforce by showing new works, sharing survival tips and experience the great outdoors indoors at the Seattle Central Creative Academy’s fifth floor studios. The Seattle Central Creative Academy is a state-of-the-art facility unparalleled in Northwest higher education. As creative communication professionals, Seattle Central students work in a collaborative learning environment and strive to foster networks within the Academy and with the community at large.

Attend if you can....you won't be disapointed!

Comments